This blog is supported by sponsored links & ads.
If you’ve ever gone tailgating and your grill let you down, then you know how frustrating it can be not having the right grill. That’s probably why you’re going through a couple of Broil King Steel Keg Grill reviews to determine whether it’s a worthwhile investment.
Here, at Simply Tailgating, we aim to help you find the perfect grill that suits all your tailgating needs and expectations. In our Broil King Steel Keg Grill review below, we have uncovered and revealed all you need to know about this grill, both the good and the bad. Don’t even think of buying this grill before reading our eye opening review. You have been warned!
About Broil King Grills:
Broil King was established in 1906, and is owned by Onward Manufacturing Company. They specialize in the manufacture of gas, built-in, smoker and charcoal grills, including the Broil King Steel Keg grill. Its headquarters are located in Waterloo, Canada. They’re found online at broilkingbbq.com
Broil King Steel Keg Features:
A grill is only as good as what it has to offer. Here are some key features of the Broil King Steel Keg grill:
- 280 square inches of cooking space – Cooking space is an important factor when it comes to tailgating. The Broil King Steel Keg grill has a large cooking area that allows you to grill all your different foods without any hustle.
- Heavy-duty cast iron cooking grates – This grill comes fitted with heavy-duty, cast iron cooking grates that are rust resistant and built to last long.
- Dual wall insulation – The Broil King Steel Keg comes with insulated inner and outer walls that prevent any heat loss. This maintains your grill’s temperature and improves your overall grilling experience.
- Deluxe Acc-Temp thermometer – The lid comes fitted with a thermometer that accurately monitors your grill’s temperature.
- Steel body construction – No one wants to buy a fragile grill that will constantly get dinged and damaged as you move around with it.The Broil King Steel Keg has a strong steel body that gives it a premium feel and makes it last long.
Other Features to Note:
- Cast iron upper damper
- Removable steel ashtray
- Latch and lock lid closing mechanism
- Adjustable cooking grate position
- Rust resistant, porcelain-coated cooking chamber
Cleaning & Maintenance:
Here are some tips on how you can keep your Broil King Steel Keg grill clean and make it last long.
Before cleaning the interior, empty the ashtray. Use warm, soapy water to clean grease stains and debris off the inside of your grilling chamber. The inside has a coated porcelain so it won’t rust.
You will be required to regularly season your cooking grids to prevent rust and food from sticking on them. When you use your grill for the first time clean the grids with soapy water and dry them with a towel or cloth. Apply a thin coating of cooking oil over the entire grid surface and light up your grill to a low medium temperature. Allow the grids to season for 30 minutes. Do not dishwash your grids or air dry them.
Apply your grill cleaner or degreaser on the outer surface of the grill and let it sit for about 2 minutes. Using warm, soapy water, wipe the grill and later dry it with a cloth. In case of any stubborn stains use more cleaner and degreaser.
Broil King Steel Keg Portability:
The Broil King Steel Keg grill weighs 126 pounds and is 47” high, 27.5” wide and 41” long. It is quite heavy and big in size, so it isn’t highly portable, especially if you need to physically carry it over a long distance. So make sure everyone comes to you for the tailgate party!
It also comes fitted with a cart that can be converted into a trailer hitch mount. This allows for easy transportation of your grill without using any of your trunk space.
Broil King Steel Keg Warranty:
The body of the Broil King Steel Keg grill comes with a 10 year warranty that covers any manufacturer flaw or error. All other parts, components and grill paint have a 2 year warranty. Shop on Amazon.com and enjoy reliable customer service that will sort all your warranty issues.
Broil King Steel Keg Accessories:
You can always do more with this unit. Here are some accessories you can buy on Amazon.com that will take your tailgating experience to a whole new level.
- Skewers and skewer racks
- Grill covers
- Grilling cabinet
- Grill toppers and griddles
- Smokers and planks
- Hitch adapter kit
Broil King Steel Keg Replacement Parts:
- Temperature indicator
- Resin lid handles
- Cast iron cooking grids
Broil King Steel Keg Cost:
The Broil King Steel Keg is a premium tailgating grill and it doesn’t come cheap. It will set you back around $900. But check Amazon.com for the latest best prices, deals and offers such as FREE 2 day shipping.
What Do We Like?
Making a grill is easy but making a good one is the hard part. Here is what we like about the Broil King Steel Keg:
- Strong steel design – You will never have to worry about shipping or transportation damage ever again. Its strong body and design protects your grill from external damage, making it last long.
- Large cooking area – You might have 99 problems but cooking space will never be one of them.
- Efficient heat control – This grill comes with a bottom and top damper kit that efficiently regulates airflow into the grill. It is able to intelligently control and maintain your grill at your desired temperature.
- High temperature output – For those who love grilling at high heat levels the Broil King Steel Keg has you covered. It comes with reliable heat control so you will be able to enjoy stable high temperatures.
- Large clearance under lid – You can grill a whole chicken in this grill. It has enough clearance space under the lid meaning you aren’t limited to only thin foods.
- Easy to assemble – the Broil King Steel Keg grill is simple and easy to set up.
Broil King Steel Keg Complaints:
All great products have their flaws. Here are some complaints about the Broil King Steel Keg grill.
- Slow in moving between high and low heat settings – Being a charcoal grill, it will take longer in reducing your heat levels from high to low settings. If patience isn’t one of your strongest suits, then this can be a headache for you.
- Grilling at high temperature can be difficult for some people – For those used to grilling with low and medium heat you might struggle getting used to regulating the temperature of this grill.
Should You Buy The Broil King Steel Keg?
When it comes to premium tailgating grills, the Broil King Steel Keg grill is one of the best on the market. Its strong build incorporated with intelligent grilling features gives you a long lasting grill which is both reliable and efficient.
- Strong reliable design and build
- Large cooking surface area
- Efficient heat control
- High grilling temperature output
- Enough space under the lid
- Easy to set up and assemble
- Slow change from high to low temperature settings
- Low portability due to its heavy weight
So those are my thoughts on the Broil King Steel Keg. Did we miss something? Feel free to share your thoughts about this or any other tailgating grill you know of in the comments section below! If you have more questions about the product, you can find answers on the product’s Amazon page.