This blog is supported by sponsored links & ads.
While tailgating at the stadium, having a reliable grill can be the difference between an unforgettable experience and a nightmare of an outing. You are probably trying to avoid the nightmare scenario, which explains why you are looking at Weber Jumbo Joe Grill reviews.
Well, we have unravelled some interesting facts about this grill, which can be found in our Weber Jumbo Joe Grill review below. So, don’t dare buy this grill until you take a look and learn everything you need to know about the Jumbo Joe.
About Weber Grills:
Weber-Stephen Products, LLC, found online at www.weber.com, is one of the oldest and most respected manufacturers of charcoal, electric and gas grills, such as the Weber Jumbo Joe. The company was founded by George A. Stephen back in 1983, and they are currently headquartered in Palatine, Illinois.
Weber Jumbo Joe Features:
The Weber Jumbo Joe grill is known worldwide for its iconic kettle-shape design. Let’s dive right in and take a look at what this grill is really made of, literally :
- 240 square inches of cooking surface – The Jumbo Joe offers a relatively large cooking surface area. This will allow you to feed the crew all at once and not keep anyone waiting.
- Porcelain-coated bowl and lid – This grill has been carefully designed to last long. Its porcelain-coated bowl and lid protect the grill structure from heat damage.
- Heavy-gauge steel charcoal grate – The charcoal grate is also designed to last long. Its heavy gauge steel structure doesn’t rust and can comfortably withstand high temperatures.
- Tuck-n-carry lid lock system – This system offers a simple and efficient way to close and carry your grill, which helps save time without any real hustle.
- Charcoal-fueled grill – The Jumbo Joe is a charcoal grill. It uses Weber briquettes which offer consistent heating and longer lasting charcoal with no added chemicals. This gives your grilled food an authentic smoky taste.
Other Features to Note:
- Aluminium ash catcher
- Lid handle with heat shield
- Glass-reinforced nylon handles
- Rust-resistant aluminium dampers
Weber Jumbo Joe Cleaning & Maintenance:
Having a functional grill that you can always depend on for all your tailgating needs requires regular care and maintenance. So, of course, Simply Tailgating is here for you once again, as we lay out below the proper cleaning and maintenance methods for the Weber Jumbo Joe.
Clean the inside of your lid with warm, soapy water after every grilling session to wash away any debris or ash residue. The lid on the Weber Jumbo Joe grill is coated with porcelain so it won’t rust. Make sure the grill is warm when cleaning the lid.
When cleaning the inside of the grilling bowl, you will need to use the One-Touch cleaning system with warm, soapy water. The One-Touch cleaning system is made up of blades placed at the base of the bowl that clear out debris and ash when manually rotated. The warm, soapy water is then used to clean any leftover residue.
Always clean your cooking grates before grilling. Heat up your grill for about 10 minutes and then use a stainless steel brush to remove grease stains, debris or residue left on the grates.
Clean the outside of your bowl and lid with warm, soapy water or glass cleaner. This will keep its original shine.
Weber Jumbo Joe Portability:
The Jumbo Joe was made to be the ultimate tailgating grill. It weighs 22 pounds and measures 19.7” H x 19.7” W with a diameter of 20.5”. Its small size and lightweight construction makes it highly portable and easy to carry wherever you go. You can also purchase a portable cart on Amazon.com which will help you move your grill around.
It can also easily fit in the trunk of your car, so you don’t have to worry about having enough space for your other tailgating essentials.
Weber Jumbo Joe Warranty:
The Weber Jumbo Joe comes with different warranty terms for different grill components. The bowl and lid come with a 10 year warranty. The plastic components and the one touch cleaning system each have a 5 year warranty guarantee, excluding fading and discoloration. Other components come with a 2 year warranty. However, shopping on Amazon.com guarantees you good quality and very reliable customer service that will deal with all your warranty issues.
Weber Jumbo Joe Accessories:
- Premium tool set
- Instant-read thermometer
- Rapidfire compact chimney starter
- Portable cart
- Premium grill cover
Weber Jumbo Joe Replacement Parts:
The Weber Jumbo Joe grill comes with a limited number of replacement parts. You will be able to find the following parts on Amazon.com where you will get amazing prices and deals. Prime members enjoy FREE 2 day shipping.
Weber Jumbo Joe Cost:
Finding a quality grill at a reasonable, pocket friendly price is a tailgater’s ultimate goal. The Weber Jumbo Joe is affordable and priced around $98. But visit Amazon.com for the latest and best prices. If you are a Prime member, you will enjoy FREE 2 day shipping and amazing deals.
What Do We Like?
The Weber Jumbo Joe grill is the personification of what tailgating is all about. Here’s why:
- High portability – Its small size together with the simple tuck-n-carry system make this grill easy to carry and move around. It’s weighs 22 pounds making it one of the lightest tailgating grills on the market. Further, you can purchase a portable cart on Amazon.com which improves its portability capacity.
- Strong build and beautiful design – The porcelain-coated bowl and lid are protected from the adverse effects of heat exposure. This protects your grill from cracking, giving it a long lasting life span. The iconic kettle design provides a beautiful and premium aesthetic feel that few brands can match.
- Efficient temperature control – The Jumbo Joe is designed with enough air vents that regulate air supply into your grill. This gives you consistent heat distribution together with steady temperatures.
- Easy to assemble and pack – It is easy and simple to assemble. Its tuck-n-carry system allows you to pack your grill as fast as possible
Weber Jumbo Joe Complaints:
Here, at Simply Tailgating, we aim to uncover all the dirt on tailgating grills in order to help you make an informed decision before buying one. Here are some of the complaints made about the Weber Jumbo Joe.
- Limited clearance space under the lid – You won’t be able to grill thick foods using this grill. The limited space under the lid only allows you to grill thinner foods such as burgers and pork chops.
Should You Buy The Weber Jumbo Joe?
The Weber Jumbo Joe is one of the best tailgating grills on the market. It offers high quality and performance at an affordable price. It’s simple design and technology give you a long lasting grill with maximum output.
- High portability
- Strong build and design
- Efficient temperature control
- Easy to set up and pack
- Limited clearance space under the lid
So that’s all you need to know about the Weber Jumbo Joe. Did we miss something? Feel free to share with us in the comments section below. If you still have questions about this grill, you can check out the unit’s FAQs on Amazon here.