This blog is supported by sponsored links & ads.
Are you craving for an unforgettable tailgating experience? One filled with laughs, adult beverages and great food? If so, then it all starts with the right grill, which is probably why you are reading Coleman RoadTrip LXE Grill reviews.
Well, here at Simply Tailgating, we have you covered. There are some shocking things we discovered and have listed in our Coleman RoadTrip LXE Grill review below. Don’t even think of buying this grill until you’ve read the full review.
About Coleman Grills:
Coleman Company, found online at coleman.com was founded in 1900 by then politician and businessman, the late William Coleman. Their headquarters are located in Chicago, Illinois. They specialize in outdoor activity products such as camping equipment and grills, including the Coleman RoadTrip LXE grill. They also manufacture kitchen appliances and coolers.
Coleman RoadTrip LXE Grill Features
Let’s take a closer look at the Coleman RoadTrip LXE and see what it has to offer.
- 20,000 BTU cooking power – This grill is packed with two burners that emit 10,000 BTUs each. This gives you a high grilling temperature range that other grills don’t offer.
- 258 square inch cooking surface – Despite its small size, this Grill has a large cooking surface. This makes it suitable for a relatively large tailgate party.
- Matchless lighting – This grill comes fitted with InstaStart technology, that does away with the traditional match lighting method. Lighting this grill up is made easy by a push of a button.
- PerfectFlow Pressure Control System – This unit is fitted with a pressure system that regulates the heat in the grill. This gives you a steady grilling temperature, while at the same time preventing heat loss, which is key when tailgating during the middle of football season.
- Open flame grilling – Open flame grilling gives your food an authentic smoky grilling taste. This offers a rare feel which completes the whole tailgating experience.
Other Features to Note:
- Two cast-iron surfaces coated with porcelain
- Removable grease tray
- Built-in tool holders and sliding trays
- 16.4 oz. propane cylinders
- Lift and lock set up system
Coleman RoadTrip LXE Grill Cleaning & Maintenance
For your grill to work well and last long, you need to take good care of it. This means proper and careful cleaning of equipment, regular service and maintenance, and most importantly, correct use of the unit.
The Coleman RoadTrip LXE grill interior requires cleaning after every use. Use soapy water to clean the grill plates. Fortunately, they are coated with porcelain and won’t rust.
When cleaning the grease trap, use warm soapy water. If food particles get stuck on the grease trap, scrape them off before cleaning the trap.
Warm soapy water will do. Although the exterior might be exposed to rusting it won’t damage any critical components of the grill.
After cleaning give the grill ample time to dry before taking it down.
Coleman RoadTrip LXE Grill Portability
The Coleman RoadTrip LXE has been specifically designed for outdoor use. It is able to fold into a compact size, which is easy to transport and carry. It also comes fitted with wheels and a pull handle which aid in moving the grill around.
This grill is small in size. Its dimensions are 32×35×19 inches and it weighs 44 pounds. This gives you the freedom to bring it to any stadium parking lot, as it can comfortably fit in the trunk of your car.
You can also set it up and take it down in just a couple of minutes without any hustle.
Coleman RoadTrip LXE Grill Warranty
The Coleman RoadTrip LXE grill comes with a limited 3 year warranty that covers any defects caused by manufacturing error. Still, shopping on Amazon.com guarantees you good quality and very reliable customer service that will deal with all your warranty issues.
Coleman RoadTrip LXE Grill Accessories
If you’d love to accessorize your Coleman RoadTrip LXE and increase its performance here are some parts you can get on Amazon.com for the best price and free 2 day shipping:
Coleman RoadTrip LXE Grill Replacement Parts
With this model you can replace the following:
- High pressure propane hose
- Pull handle
- Water pan
- Burner assembly
- Bulk adapter
To get the best prices when purchasing these replacement parts, shop at Amazon.com where you can get free 2 day shipping as well.
Coleman RoadTrip LXE Grill Cost
Finding a good quality grill at budget friendly price is very rare. The Coleman RoadTrip LXE is competitively priced around $190. But check Amazon.com for the best prices! If you are a Prime member, you will be able to get FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING and mind blowing discounts.
What Do We Like?
When it comes to tailgating grills the Coleman RoadTrip LXE is way ahead of the competition. Here’s why:
- High cooking output of 20,000 BTU – This grill produces enough heat to meet all your grilling needs for whatever type of food you wish to grill.
- Large cooking area – with 258 square inches of grilling space, there is more than enough room to grill most of your food at once. Of course, we don’t want to keep any of our fellow tailgaters waiting!
- High portability – this is the ultimate tailgating grill. Its small size together with the fitted pull handle and wheels make it highly portable and easy to carry wherever you set camp.
- Easy to set up and take down – this unit is more compact and less bulky than other grills. This eases the setup and take down process, which helps beat the rush into the stadium!
Coleman RoadTrip LXE Grill Complaints
So far the Coleman RoadTrip LXE sounds great on paper, but we wouldn’t be doing our job if we didn’t tell you some of the complaints made about this grill.
- It can be difficult grilling with a significantly higher heat output – for those who aren’t used to using high temperatures when grilling this might be an uphill task. With an output of 20,000 BTUs, which is higher than other grills in the market, you will need to familiarize yourself with this grill before use.
- It can be difficult to clean – this model requires cleaning after every use and this can be tedious at times. Further, the grease trap can get really messy and it will take some effort to leave it sparkling clean.
Should You Buy The Coleman RoadTrip LXE Grill?
For every tailgating party, having the right grill is key, which is why the Coleman RoadTrip LXE grill is definitely what you are looking for. It’s a well priced unit that does not compromise on quality and reliability.
- High grilling output of 20,000 BTUs
- Large grilling area
- High portability
- Easy to set up and take down
- Great heat control
- Messy grease trap
- Requires cleaning after every use
That’s it folks! You now have all the info you need to consider buying the Coleman RoadTrip LXE. Feel free to share any thoughts and opinions in the comment section below. If you need answers to frequently asked questions about this model visit the product’s Amazon page.