This blog is supported by sponsored links & ads.
What’s not to love about tailgating. Spending time with the crew or fam, eating delicious food and enjoying some adult beverages. These are the moments that we live for, but they are only made possible when you have a great grill by your side. This is probably why you are searching through some Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Grill reviews, trying to figure out the best way to maximize your next tailgating experience.
In our Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Grill review below, we have compiled all the dirt you need to know about this grill so that you can make an informed decision when you purchase your grill. Planning on buying this grill? Don’t even think about it before reading our mind blowing review!
About Char-Broil Grills:
Char-Broil is a subsidiary of W. C. Bradley and manufactures outdoor, charcoal, electric and gas grills, such as the Char-Broil Grill2Go X200. It was founded in 1944, and its headquarters are located in Columbus, Georgia. They can be found online at charbroil.com.
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Features:
Becoming acquainted with a grill is critical when making that ultimate decision to buy one. Here at Simply Tailgating, we try to make that decision as easy as possible for you. So, let’s get started with some of the key features of the Char-Broil Grill2Go X200:
- Durability – The Grill2Go X200 grill has a cast aluminum construction which gives it a strong durable build.
- High heat output – This grill features a 9,500 BTU stainless steel burner. This gives you a high heat output that will cater for all your grilling needs.
- Highly portable – Its small size and light weight allows you to carry this grill anywhere. You can also attach a portable cart to it which enhances its portability even more.
- Economical – You will be able to get through five or six grilling sessions before refilling your 16.4 oz. liquid propane bottles.
- Spacious – More grilling space means more smiles. With 200 square inches of cooking space you won’t keep your friends and family waiting too long for those juicy burgers and dogs.
Other Key Features to Note:
- Push-button ignition system
- Gas TRU-Infrared cooking system
- Stainless steel cooking grate
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Cleaning & Maintenance:
Cleaning and maintenance prolongs your grill’s performance. Described below are some simple steps on how you can keep your Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 grill clean and shiny.
When cleaning the stainless steel cooking grate, cover it with a tough aluminum foil and heat your grill for about 15 minutes. This allows all the food debris left on the grate to burn off. Once the grate has cooled, scrub it with a nylon brush in warm, soapy water and then rinse.
Once your grill has cooled down, clean the inside of your grill and firebox using a cleaning brush and warm, soapy water. Scrub off all the dirt and residue that may have stuck under the lid or in the firebox. Once done, proceed to rinse the interior and let it dry.
It is important to regularly clean your burner tubes. Removing any soot or dust that may clog the pipes will ensure its efficiency. Use a spider brush to clean the inside of the tubes and once they have dried you can reinstall them.
Cleaning the exterior of this grill is very easy. All you need is warm, soapy water and a cloth. Wipe down your grill with the warm, soapy water and rinse it after you’re done. Don’t worry about rusting as the exterior is made of cast aluminum. Using a cleaning brush to wipe the exterior will damage your grill’s paint.
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Portability:
With a weight of 25 pounds and small size (13.75″ H × 23.5″ W × 16″ D) the Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 is highly portable. It’s small build and light weight allows you to literally carry this grill to any spot you pick in the parking lot.
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Warranty:
The Stainless steel burner and firebox on the Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 come with a 5 year warranty. All other parts feature a 1 year warranty. This warranty covers perforation, manufacturing and material defects only.
Sorting out warranty queries can be difficult and time consuming. Shopping on Amazon.com guarantees you reliable customer service that you can rely on to sort all your warranty issues.
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Accessories:
Take your grilling to a whole new level with these Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 accessories. For amazing deals and best prices shop for them on Amazon.com.
- Grill cover
- Tools and utensils
- Universal H burner
- Expandable porcelain grates
- Cast Iron cooking grates
- Gas conversion kit
- 20 lb liquid propane gas bottles
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Replacement Parts:
In case you experience any unexpected and unfortunate damage to the grill, here are some Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 replacement parts you can simply purchase on Amazon.com:
- Burner assembly
- Stainless steel flavorizer bar/heat plate
- Cooking grates
- Regulator valve
- Ignitor components
- Temperature gauge
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Cost:
The Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 grill will set you back around $140. This is a bargain, given its superiority in quality, performance and build. But always check Amazon.com for any price changes and amazing deals, such as FREE 2-day shipping for Prime members.
What Do We Like?
The Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 really impressed us. Here is what we liked about this grill:
- High portability – Tailgating is all about flexibility and this requires one to have a portable grill. The Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 is super light and small in size, making it a cinch to transport.
- Economical to use – Fuel efficiency allows you to spend less money when having fun. This grill is economical as it efficiently utilizes its fuel to give you maximum heat output for a long period of time.
- Heats up quickly – This grill takes less than 5 minutes to heat up. As its name suggests, this grill is always ready to go!
- Great temperature regulation – The infrared cooking system on this grill is amazing. It regulates heat distribution around your grill and maintains its temperature.
- Easy to set up – No one wants to take ages setting up their grill. The Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 is quick and easy to set up. It also comes with a simple user manual that is easy to read and follow.
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Complaints:
The devil is always in the details. Here are some of the Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 complaints that we were able find:
- Faulty regulator – The regulator that comes with this grill is rather flimsy. There have been numerous reports about it leaking and supplying little or no gas to the burner. You will be forced to replace this item as it doesn’t last long.
- Limited temperature control – This being a high heat output grill you will have a limited temperature range. The lowest control setting is quite hot and this can be an issue if you prefer to grill at low medium heat.
- It can get too hot – Grilling at extremely high temperatures can be difficult if you are not used to it. Furthermore, grilling thick meat on this grill can be an issue. The high temperature cooks the outer part very fast leaving the inner part undercooked.
Other Tailgating Grills to Consider
If this isn’t what you are looking for, here are some Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 alternatives that you can check out:
Should You Buy The Char-Broil Grill2Go X200?
When it comes to tailgating, quality and portability are important features to look for in a grill. The Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 is the ultimate tailgating grill. It offers durability, portability without compromising on performance. It features lots of accessories which will make grilling more fun and enjoyable. Plus, it’s very affordable.
Despite its minimal flaws, this grill is worth your time and money.
- High portability
- Heats up quickly
- Great temperature regulation
- Easy to set up
- Faulty regulator
- Limited temperature control
- It can get too hot
Thank you for taking your time to read our review. We hope that this will help you make the right decision when buying your next grill. If you have any comments, thoughts or opinions feel free to share them in the comments section below.