This blog is supported by sponsored links & ads.
Is it your first time buying a grill or are you planning your next tailgating event? Are you tired of buying crappy grills that end up as storage and never see the light of day again? Is this why you are going through dozens of Weber Q 1000 Grill reviews?
If so, you have come to the right place. Here, at Simply Tailgating, we understand how hard it can be to find the right grill that matches your tailgating expectations. This is why we do all the hard work for you. In our Weber Q 1000 Grill review below, we have compiled all the info you need to know about this grill. Want to know whether this grill is worth every penny? Keep reading and find out.
About Weber Grills:
Weber-Stephen Products LLC, found online at www.weber.com, is one of the oldest and most respected manufacturers of charcoal, electric and gas grills, such as the Weber Q 1000. The company was founded by George A. Stephen back in 1983, and they are currently headquartered in Palatine, Illinois.
Weber Q 1000 Features:
Here is what the Weber Q 1000 has to offer:
- Strong and durable build – The Weber Q 1000 has a cast aluminum lid and body giving it a strong and long lasting feel. It also features a glass reinforced nylon frame that gives it additional support.
- Great heat output – This grill contains a single stainless steel burner that produces 8,500 BTU. This is perfect for tailgating as it can effectively grill all types of food.
- Reliable heat control – The infinite control burner valve on this grill is reliable and efficient. You will be able to maintain and switch to your desired heat levels easily without any trouble.
- High portability – Portability is a key feature when it comes to tailgating grills. The Weber Q 1000 comes with a stand fitted with wheels. It also has a small build and is light in weight. All these features combine to make this grill portable and easy to carry around.
Other Key Features to Note:
- Porcelain-enameled cast iron cooking grates
- 189 square inch cooking surface
- Disposable liquid propane cylinders
- Removable catch pan
- Push button ignition
Weber Q 1000 Cleaning & Maintenance:
Keeping your grill clean helps in maintaining its performance. Regular maintenance helps detect any defects and goes a long way in making your grill last long.
The Weber Q 1000 requires proper care as it is delicate. Before cleaning your grill, ensure it is disconnected from the gas tanks or bottles and it has sufficiently cooled down. It is also important to note that you should use appropriate cleaner sprays to prevent damaging your grills outer and inner surface.
Start off by removing and brushing the cooking grate in order to remove any debris. Spray the grate with grate cleaner and after 30 seconds scrub the grate with warm, soapy water. Set it aside and let it dry
Spray the cookbox with grate cleaner and let it set for 30 seconds. Wipe it with a sponge. If needed, use a brush. Be careful not to splash any water on the burner tubes
Apply the appropriate cleaner spray to the stainless steel and enamel parts of your grill. Proceed to wipe down your grill with a microfiber cloth to remove any dirt on the surface.
When cleaning the frames and panels of your grill use warm, soapy water and dry them with a dry microfiber cloth.
Use a spider brush to clean the air intake tubes. It is important to remove all dirt and dust that may clog these tubes.
Let your grill dry off before reassembling…remember, unwanted water in those hard-to-reach places is your grill’s worst enemy.
Weber Q 1000 Grill Portability:
One of the key features of the Weber Q 1000 Grill is its portability. This grill is super light as it only weighs 28 pounds. It is also relatively small in size and has dimensions of 14.5″ H × 27″ W × 16.5″ D. These features make the Weber Q 1000 perfect for tailgating as it is easy to carry and move around. You can plan your tailgating activities and adventures wherever you want without having to worry how you’ll get your grill there.
Weber Q 1000 Grill Warranty:
The following parts of the Weber Q 1000 Grill come with a 5 year warranty that excludes rust and any burn throughs:
- Lid assembly
- Stainless steel burner tubes
- Cooking grates
- All plastic components
All other components have a 2 year warranty excluding rust and any burn-throughs. Sorting out warranty issues can be long and tiring. Purchasing this item from Amazon.com guarantees that you will have fast and world renown customer service if anything goes wrong.
Weber Q 1000 Accessories:
Accessorizing allows you to have fun with your grill. Here are some Weber Q 1000 parts you can purchase from Amazon.com for the best prices and amazing deals.
- Premium tool set
- Portable cart
- Premium grill cover
- Gas hose
- 14.1 and 16.4 oz. liquid propane gas cylinders
Weber Q 1000 Replacement Parts:
After using your grill for a long period time, some parts may wear down and become less efficient. Here are some Weber Q 1000 Grill replacement parts that you can get on Amazon.com:
Weber Q 1000 Cost:
When it comes to portability and durability the Weber Q 1000 is unmatched. Finding a grill with such quality at a throw away price is a bargain. This grill costs around $180. However, this price may change. Shop on Amazon.com today to get the latest and best prices. Furthermore, Prime members get to enjoy FREE 2 day shipping.
What Do We Like?
Here are some of the Weber Q 1000 features that impressed us:
- Strong durable build – Having a long lasting tailgating grill that you can rely on is very important. The Weber Q 1000 grill is built for this purpose. Its strong and durable aluminum body with a glass reinforced nylon frame ensures your grill stands strong for a long time.
- Highly portable grill – Tailgating is all about adventure. Having a portable grill by your side ensures you can set up camp anywhere and everywhere you want. The Weber Q 1000 is light in weight and small in size. It also comes with a portable cart that enhances its portability even more!
- Easy to clean – Cleaning messy grills can be a headache. But this grill comes with a removable drip pan that collects all your grease. The porcelain coated cooking grates are also easy to clean. This allows for a more enjoyable tailgating experience, and less worry about clean up.
Weber Q 1000 Grill Complaints:
Despite its great features, we found some complaints about the Weber Q 1000 grill. Here are some of them:
- Faulty regulator – The regulator on this grill can be an issue. There are reports that it supplies little gas to the burner hence making your grill take long to heat up or not heat up at all. You might be required to replace the regulator once you buy this item.
- Non-removable battery pack for the ignition system – If your battery pack gets damaged you will be forced to replace the whole ignitor system, as the pack is built-in and not made as a replaceable part.
Other Tailgating Grills to Consider
If any of the features and complaints have turned you off, here is a list of Weber Q 1000 alternative grills that we have reviewed and are worth checking out:
Should You Buy The Weber Q 1000?
If you are looking for portability and quality both in build and performance then the Weber Q 1000 Grill is perfect for you. It features some high-end specs which have been blended together to give you a high performance grill. The Weber Q 1000 is perfect for tailgating and can grill enough food for the whole crew.
However, we can’t overlook some of its shortcomings. You may need to replace the regulator to ensure your grill works well which may end up costing you more.
- Strong durable build
- High portability
- Easy to clean
- Great heat output
- Faulty regulator
- Non removable battery pack for the ignition system
Thank you for reading our Weber Q 1000 Grill review. Any comments, opinions and thoughts regarding our review are highly appreciated. Feel free to leave them in the comments section below.