This blog is supported by sponsored links & ads.
Finding a reliable, high quality tailgating grill can be difficult at times. To be honest, it can be a real headache. You have to read lots of material on the grills to learn about their features, accessories and so on. This is probably why you are reading various Blackstone Dash Grill reviews to determine if it really “meats” your needs (Pun intended).
Well, here at Simply Tailgating, we have your back! We do all the dirty work to make your search (and life) easier. In our Blackstone Dash Grill review below, we have compiled all you need to know about this grill. Don’t you even think about buying unless you have read our revealing review below. You might change your mind!
About Blackstone Grills:
Blackstone is an American family owned company that manufactures griddles, ovens, stoves and grills, such as the Blackstone Dash grill. It’s headquarters are located in Logan, Utah and they can be found online at blackstoneproducts.com.
Blackstone Dash Features:
Word on the street is that the Blackstone Dash offers ultimate portability and unmatched versatility for the perfect tailgating experience. Well, let’s take a closer look and see if this grill actually lives up to these lofty standards:
- Highly Portable – This grill weighs less than 20 lbs and is one of the lightest portable grills around. When packed up, it’s compact and can be carried like a piece of luggage (the telescopic handle extends to allow towing behind you) or a briefcase (the grill hood has a handle).
- Versatile – The Blackstone Dash has a 240 sq. in. dual cooking surface with a flat, smooth griddle on one side and a ridged grill on the other. This is perfect for those dedicated tailgaters who get to the game hours before kickoff and start off with some bacon and eggs. Then, when it’s time to get busy with the burgers, dogs, etc, simply flip over the grate and use the ridged grill side!
- Efficient and Economical – The enclosed design of the grill traps the heat and disperses it evenly across the cooking surface. This design also allows for less fuel to heat up the grill and to keep it hot.
- Easy Set-up – Setting up takes only seconds with one telescoping 2 pronged leg and two front legs, which provides great stability on most surfaces.
- Grease Management – The grill includes a grease management system (removal grease tray) for easy cleaning and draining of excess food fat.
- Easy Clean-up – Wipe down with a paper towel, stow-n-go the legs and you’re on your way.
- Propane Gas Bottles – It comes with 1 lb liquid propane gas bottles.
Other Key Features to Note:
- Powered by a single 7000 BTU burner
- Standing grill or tabletop grill
- Non-stick coated grilling grate
- Ample cooking space
Blackstone Dash Cleaning & Maintenance:
After stuffing my face with the usual tailgating spread and throwing back several adult beverages, the last thing I want to do before heading into the stadium is spend a long time cleaning the grill. I know, I know, this is important if you want to make sure your investment lasts long. But that’s why I am always on the lookout for those grills that require the least amount of clean-up as possible. If you are anything like me, then the Blackstone Dash may be a match made in heaven.
This grill is really easy and quick to clean. Once your grill has cooled down use warm, soapy water to clean your cooking grate. In case of food sticking under your lid, you can wipe it off with warm, soapy water.
When cooking or grilling, use non-metal cooking utensils. This grill has a sensitive non-stick cooking grate and metal utensils might scrape it off. Also, to ensure your grill lasts long and performs at its maximum capability, clean your grease traps regularly.
To maintain your grill’s shiny look regularly wipe down the exterior with warm, soapy water.
Blackstone Dash Portability:
One of the main features of the Blackstone Dash is its portability. This grill is light (18 lbs.), compact (the size of a carry-on suitcase) and easy to carry (2-way packing system that allows for ergonomic side carrying or pulling on wheels). So when you get that last minute call from your friend about tickets to the game, you can just easily grab the grill and make a “dash” to the door (see what i did there, sorry I couldn’t help myself).
Blackstone Dash Warranty:
The Blackstone Dash comes with a one year warranty. Either way, it’s probably best to buy this grill on Amazon.com who is renowned for great customer service and no questions asked refund policy.
Blackstone Dash Accessories:
If you enjoy experimenting with your grill and trying new things out then you might be disappointed. The Blackstone Dash has no accessories at the time of this review. If this is a deal breaker for you, you might want to check out our reviews for the Cuisinart CGG-200 and Coleman RoadTrip Grill LXE.
Blackstone Dash Replacement Parts:
Unfortunately there are no replacement parts for the Blackstone Dash. So if something goes wrong, you may end up needing to buy a whole new grill. This is just the opposite of other grills which do have replacement parts and comparable features. We have included a list of alternative grills in our review that you can check out.
Blackstone Dash Cost:
The Blackstone Dash is a bargain. For its impressive portability and versatility, it costs around $90. But check Amazon.com for the latest price. They tend to have amazing deals and great prices. And if you’re a Prime member you can even get FREE 2 day shipping.
What Do We Like?
The Blackstone Dash utilizes its simple features effectively to give a highly portable and versatile grill. Here is what we really liked about this tailgating grill:
- Highly portable – Its small size and light weight make this grill highly portable. You will be able to tailgate anywhere and everywhere with this grill.
- Versatile – The reversible cooking grate allows you to cook different foods by simply flipping over the grate.
- Economical – The burner is enclosed in a firebox that heats up quickly and distributes heat evenly. This means that you will use less fuel to heat up your grill and maintain its temperature.
- Easy to set up and take down – It will take you less than 20 minutes to set this grill up. It is also very easy to pack as the lid has an effective lock and latch mechanism.
- Easy to clean – We all get lazy after tailgating and dread the clean-up part. But, the Blackstone Dash is easy to clean and will take you less than 10 minutes.
Blackstone Dash Complaints:
Here are some of the complaints we found about the Blackstone Dash:
- Sensitive non-stick cooking grate – You will not be able to use metal utensils when you are grilling. The non-stick on the cooking grate is very sensitive to scraps and scratches.
- No open flame grilling – The burner is enclosed in a firebox hence you will not be able to enjoy open flame grilling.
Other Tailgating Grills to Consider
I am not sure if any of the complaints listed above or missing features are deal breakers for you. Either way, there are other grills you may want to consider which we have covered. Check out some Blackstone Dash alternative grills.
Should You Buy The Blackstone Dash?
Are you looking for a reliable tailgating grill? One that is highly portable, efficient and budget friendly? If so, the Blackstone Dash may be perfect for you. It is a well-built tailgating grill that performs well and lasts long. It is also highly portable, which allows you to tailgate wherever you wish.
- Highly portable
- Easy set up and take down
- Easy to clean
- Sensitive non-stick cooking grate
- No open flame grilling
Thank you for reading our Blackstone Dash review. If you have anymore questions feel free to visit the product’s Amazon page and take a look at the frequently asked questions about this grill. Your feedback is highly appreciated. Leave any opinions, comments or thoughts about this review or our other reviews in the comments section below.